Religion and Identity
- The Jewish ethos of the College is integral to all its structured learning and informal activities.
- A Modern Orthodox approach to Judaism is delivered while appreciating the range of religious observance.
- The students' place within a kaleidoscopic Jewish community is taught together with a sense of their place in the wider Australian community.
- The centrality of Israel for the Jewish people is conveyed and celebrated.
- The energetic staff of our Informal Jewish Education Department are responsible for further engaging our students' interest and commitment to their Judaism outside of the classroom. This is achieved through a vast array of daily activities, camps/conferences, festival celebrations, assemblies and tzedakah (charity) programs.
- The Roslyn Smorgon Outreach Program is embraced by senior students who are trained to regularly inform their peers at non-Jewish schools about Judaism.