Years 6 BYOD Requirements
iPads As Standard School Equipment
Parents of students in Year 6 will need to supply an iPad or iPad Mini as standard school equipment.
Minimum Device Requirements and Recommendations
To ensure consistency, accessibility and compatibility we have listed below the minimum device requirements and recommendations. Please note that parents/students who already own a device and wish to use it for school must check to see if it meets the minimum device requirements.
iPad Air (any version) running iOS 12
iPad Pro (any version) running iOS 12
2017 or above iPad running iOS 12
iPad Mini 3 or above running iOS 12
- 6+ hours
- Storage: 16GB minimum, 32GB+ recommended
- Must be Wi-Fi enabled (802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity strongly recommended (minimum capability 802.11n)
- We recommend Wi-Fi only to reduce cost and to ensure that internet access is filtered whilst on campus
- A strong, durable, robust cover that protects both the front and back of your iPad/ iPad Mini is required.
- A Bluetooth keyboard is required, so that keyboarding skills can be practised. It is recommended that the keyboard is built into the iPad cover.
- Headphones are required.
- Volume restricted over-ear headphones are recommended as they minimise the risk of students being exposed to loud music or sounds.
- An inbuilt microphone is also recommended.
- We strongly recommend purchasing an extended warranty (AppleCare Protection Plan) and/or comprehensive insurance for the iPad or iPad Mini. Please note that student owned devices are not covered by the College’s insurance policies.
- Please ensure that the iPad is clearly labelled with the student’s name.