2020 LFSS (Year 7 - 12) BYOD Requirements
When purchasing a device you may wish to consider how the device will be used both in and out of school. For in school use we consider the minimum specifications (below) to be sufficient.
- iPad (iPad Air 2 or above, iPad Pro (any version), 2017 iPad, 2018 iPad, 2019 iPad, iPad mini 4 or above) running iOS 13
- Mac laptop running macOS Mojave or above
- Windows laptop running Windows 10 or above
* Please note that from 2020 the college recommends that students in Years 7-12 use a device with a full operating system (Mac OS or Microsoft Windows). This is a recommendation rather than a mandated change to the current program and iPads will continue to be listed as an acceptable device in our 2020 and 2021 BYOD device requirements.
* From 2022 onwards iPads will not be included in our list of acceptable devices.
- 6+ hours
- iPad: 32GB + recommended
- Laptop: 128GB minimum
- Laptop: 4GB minimum, 8GB recommended
- For iPad we recommend Wi-Fi only to reduce cost and to ensure that Internet access is filtered whilst on campus
- We recommend purchasing a sturdy shell-case/cover to protect the device
- Headphones (we recommend volume limited headphones to minimise exposure to loud music or sounds)
- Hebrew alphabet keyboard overlay/stickers (laptops only)
- An external keyboard for the iPad/iPad mini is not a requirement but rather a matter of preference
- Camera/internal microphone
- We strongly recommend purchasing an extended warranty and/or comprehensive insurance. Please note that student owned devices are not covered by the College’s insurance policies.
- Students discounts may be available when purchasing devices (you may be asked to provide a Student ID card)
- Please ensure that the device is clearly labelled with the student’s name