Child Care Subsidy calculator
Below is a calculator to help you with indicative approximate out-of-pocket costs for each of our kinder options based on the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) rate and the number of eligible activity hours per fortnight entered.
** The information provided on this website and by its tools is general in nature and does not constitute financial advice, including advice as to which package would best suit the needs of individual families. Parents should consider seeking independent advice from an accountant or other professional to take into account your particular circumstances.
|Kinder Only||LDC 40||LDC 48|
|2021 Tuition Fees||A$24,830.00||A$30,800.00||A$34,272.00|
Maximum hours per program:
The Kinder only program attracts the subsidy for a maximum of 69 hours per fortnight.
The LDC 40 - Long Day Care 40 (formerly Extended Care) and LDC 48 - Long Day Care 48 (formerly Long Day Care) programs attract the subsidy for a maximum of 100 hours per fortnight.
The actual hours within a given fortnight may vary pending the number of days operating within that fortnight, and thus the actual out-of-pocket costs may differ slightly from the indicative figures here.
- Your CCS percentage is the amount that the government will subsidise. It will apply to the government's relevant hourly rate cap.
- The ATO usually withholds 5% of the subsidy until after the relevant year's tax return has been submitted.
- The federal government has advised that the annual cap for families earning over $190,015 and under $354,305 will be scrapped from 10 December, 2021.
- For some families, second and subsequent children under the age of 5 in Approved Child Care may attract a higher CCS rate from 7 March 2022 as assessed by Centrelink.
- Families earning over $354,305 in the 2021/22 financial year are not eligible to receive the CCS.
- The Kinder only and LDC 40 programs are charged per calendar year.
- The LDC 48 program is charged from the start of Term 1 until the end of the January holiday program the following year.
- Please note that, other than in exceptional circumstances, your preferred booking option will remain in place for the whole year.
- The out-of-pocket costs cited above do not reflect any discounts, such as family or pre-payment discounts that may apply.
- This calculator must be read and used in line with all the information provided in the Kinder program options FAQs.
This information is current as of 14 October 2021; please refer to the Centrelink section on Child Care Subsidy for the most current information.