Child Care Subsidy calculator
Below is a calculator to help you with indicative approximate out-of-pocket costs for each of our kinder options based on the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) rate and the number of eligible activity hours per fortnight entered.
** The information provided on this website and by its tools is general in nature and does not constitute financial advice, including advice as to which package would best suit the needs of individual families. Parents should consider seeking independent advice from an accountant or other professional to take into account your particular circumstances.
|Kinder Only||Extended Care||Long Day Care|
|2021 Tuition Fees||A$24,830.00||A$30,800.00||A$34,272.00|
Maximum hours per program:
The Kinder only program attracts the subsidy for a maximum of 59 hours per fortnight.
The Extended Care and Long Day Care programs attract the subsidy for a maximum of 100 hours per fortnight.
The actual hours within a given fortnight may vary pending the number of days operating within that fortnight, and thus the actual out-of-pocket costs may differ slightly from the indicative figures here.
- The ATO usually withholds 5% of the subsidy until after the relevant year's tax return has been submitted.
- Families earning over $189,390 and under $353,680 will have an annual cap on the subsidy amount of $10,560 per year per child in the 2020/21 financial year. The family earning and subsidy caps may change in 2021/22 and future financial years in line with indexing from 01 July each year however under the current regulations an annual subsidy cap applies in this income bracket.
- Families earning over $353,680 in the 2020/21 financial year are not eligible to receive the CCS.
- The Kinder only and Extended Care programs are charged per calendar year.
- The Long Day Care program is charged from the start of Term 1 until the end of the January holiday program the following year.
- Please note that, other than in exceptional circumstances, your preferred booking option will remain in place for the whole year.
- The out-of-pocket costs cited above do not reflect any discounts, such as family or pre-payment discounts that may apply.
- This calculator must be read and used in line with all the information provided in the Kinder program options FAQs.
This information is current as of 18 November, 2020; please refer to the Centrelink section on Child Care Subsidy for the most current information.